Dallas City Council is contemplating the absorption of the city’s 20-year-old Office of Cultural Affairs into the libraries department, to the dismay of arts advocates who would like to see its continued independence. The Dallas Area Cultural Advocacy Coalition is inviting concerned citizens to a meeting with city manager Mary K. Suhm on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 6:30 p.m. in the large conference room in the City Manager’s Office (4EN) at City Hall to talk about it. With Arts Advocacy Day looming (August 20) it’s time to be heard!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015