Researchers at the University of Bari, Italy have determined that beautiful art reduces the perception of pain. Dr Marina de Tommaso and a team fired stinging laser pulses at people looking at art and asked them to rate their hurt. People looking at Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh and The Birth of Venus by Botticelli felt less pain, others, looking at Pablo Picasso, Antonio Bueno and Fernando Botero experienced more.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015