Ned Rifkin, former Under Secretary for Art at the Smithsonian Institution, onetime director of Houston's Menil Collection, ex-director of the High Museum in Atlanta and formerly director of the Hirshhorn Museum in Washington, D.C. is the Blanton's new director. On leaving the Smithsonian last spring, Rifkin was quoted in the Washinton Post: "No one who loves art wants to be an administrator," he said. "I am at the point in my life where I am going to be careful about the next job. What is important is the fit."
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015