Ned Rifkin, former Under Secretary for Art at the Smithsonian Institution, onetime director of Houston's Menil Collection, ex-director of the High Museum in Atlanta and formerly director of the Hirshhorn Museum in Washington, D.C. is the Blanton's new director. On leaving the Smithsonian last spring, Rifkin was quoted in the Washinton Post: "No one who loves art wants to be an administrator," he said. "I am at the point in my life where I am going to be careful about the next job. What is important is the fit."
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015