Award winning photographer, journalist and videographer, Donna DeCesare‘s reportage about the spread of US gang culture to Central America has won has won her an Alfred Eistendstadt magazine photography award, a Canon photo essay award, Pictures of the Year, a top prize in the NPPA, the Dorothea Lange Prize, the Alicia Patterson Fellowship, the Mother Jones International Photo Fund Award, and an Emmy award (1996) for her video documentary Killer Virus. A consultant to UNICEF, De Cesare’s is the recipient of the Soros Independent project fellowship and a Fulbright fellowship. and she’s comint to speak at the MFAH’s Brown auditorium on Tuesday, April 28 at 7 pm!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015