Leigh Boone, 29, executive assistant at the Houston Center for Photography, died of head injuries Saturday morning at Memorial Hermann hospital where she had undergone emergency surgery after her bicycle was crushed under two colliding fire engines on March 30. After two weeks in a medically-induced coma, doctors failed to find any brain activty and declared her dead at 12:10 am. This evening’s scheduled benefit at Houston’s Poison Girl bar will be held as a memorial.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015