If ArtCampHouston’s Grace Rodriguez has her way, Wayne’s attack just might bring Houston art folks together.
After Dolcefino’s broadcasts, Rodriquez and several others “recognized that we need to facilitate better communication and improve relationships among the various arts organizations, stakeholders, and supporters to strengthen our community, so that we could disseminate information and correct misunderstandings more quickly in the future," she told the Houston Press.
And just how do they plan to accomplish that? With “a community-based event to discuss the state of the arts in Houston and develop an informed strategy on how we can collectively support our arts community.”
Sounds like fun. The event goes down on Saturday, February 28, at Caroline Collective. More info here.
also by Roy Neinast
- Daniel Dove at Cherry and Martin - February 13th, 2010
- Serial Killers and Stoners: 10 Facts about Austin’s Moonlight Towers - December 12th, 2009
- Quite the Scene Upstairs at Lawndale - November 26th, 2009
- A Treasury of iPhone Photos from East Austin Studio Tour - November 22nd, 2009
- Celebrating Halloween with 15 Macabre Artists - October 29th, 2009