The Austin Museum of Art has put it’s planned 30-story mega-expansion on indefinite hold as co-developer Hines Interests pulled out, citing the economic meltdown. Jeanne Clair Van Ryzin has the details of this New Year’s Eve bombshell on her Seeing Things blog for the Austin American-Statesman. Ivan Lozano shares his own bitter amusement at the museum’s third aborted attempt at a downtown expansion, below.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015