Austin artist Bob Bacon will be this year’s only Texan with an installation at Burning Man. Bacon’s 57 foot "Primordial Fish", designed to appear as a fossil imprint on the desert floor, is one of 300 temporary installations at the one-week alterna-festival, held each year in the desert north of Reno, Nevada. The mega-fish will re-appear at Houston’s Buffalo Bayou Art Park this fall.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015