Have at it…
"The first thing you have to do is seperate art from all the myths that are wrapped around it. The most powerful myth is to mix up the object with the subject.
The subject of art is a non-thing. It’s talking about feelings. And these feelings have values for us; that is, they enhance, they enrich, they make our lives more interesting.
And art is really a continual investigation of our potential as human beings to incorporate these values into our lives."
Robert Irwin, from the film "The Beauty of Questions" 1996
also by Titus OBrien
- What gets missed - March 2nd, 2009
- Gerald Peters Gallery is dead; long li…eh, good riddance. - February 14th, 2009
- Winter Road Trip part 3: Yes Man - January 29th, 2009
- MLK Day, pomes 'n such - January 19th, 2009
- Winter Road Trip, part 2 - January 18th, 2009