Peel Gallery in Houston is curating an amorphous experiment in vernacular design to coincide with Design Life Now : National Design Triennial opening at the CAM. Conceived by San Francisco store/gallery/art group Citizen:citizen , the exhibition is called "Virtually Mine: Exploring how we value the objects in our life" and it works like this: the public is invited to bring in objects they own or have designed to the gallery, where they will be tagged and become part of an online archive. Presumably, you get them back? Submissions are being accepted between January 26 through February 16.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015