Education Outreach Internship
Hours: 10 hours a week, Wednesday- Friday
Compensation: $500 stipend
Start Date: January 2013
Umlauf Sculpture Garden seeks a career-minded individual for an education outreach internship to develop learning programs for youth in the community. The candidate should be an art or art education major looking for programming experience in a nonprofit setting.
The Outreach programs internship is a collaborative position that requires strong writing, research skills, and the ability to multitask in a small nonprofit environment. Knowledge of sculpture and experience working in a museum is desirable.
• Assist with research, development and promotion of outreach programs
• Assist with scheduling of workshops.
• Facilitate tours and lead workshops.
• Assist Umlauf staff with general administration office duties and front desk
• Creative thinker
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Ability to handle multiple activities and projects simultaneously.
• Experience with or interest in youth programming
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends for education events
• Basic understanding of the web, use of web services and low-level web technologies
About the museum:
The Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum uses its collection of more than 200 sculptures, paintings, and drawings by 20th century American sculptor Charles Umlauf, to provide educational programs and experiences that encourage the understanding and appreciation of sculpture. As both a sculptor and teacher, Umlauf embodies the importance of education, which is central to the Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum’s mission.
If you are interested in applying for an internship at Umlauf Sculpture Garden and Museum, please contact Diane Sikes, Director of Public Programming.
Email your resume and brief letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: December 1, 2012
No phone calls please.
This ad has been viewed 369 times