TASA Call For Paul Hanna Lecture Proposals (2019 San Antonio Conference)
The Texas Association of Schools of Art (TASA) is accepting proposals for the prestigious Paul Hanna presentation at its Annual Conference: October 17-19, 2019 at the Southwest School of Art in San Antonio. Presentation will be Oct 18th, 1:30 – 2:30 pm.
The Paul Hanna Lecture Award began in 1994 as the result of a generous endowment set up to honor one of TASA's founding members, Professor Paul Hanna (now deceased) of Texas Tech University. The Paul Hanna Lecture exists to provide a forum through which a selected studio artist can make a presentation at the annual TASA conference. The lecture may include PowerPoint and other visual aids. The honorarium is $600 plus conference fee waived.
[For a list of past Paul Hanna Lecturer recipients, please go to http://www.tasart.org/officers-awards.]
A TASA committee will review proposals. Notices of acceptance and rejection will be sent no later than August 7. Non-members who teach art in Texas colleges and universities may qualify for submission of a proposal by simply joining TASA ($30 individual membership; please go to www.tasart.org (JOIN tab) to download a membership form or click on the EventBrite button to use your credit card).
The 2019 TASA Conference theme is “Confluence: Art and Culture.” Relevance to theme is preferred but not required.
If you are interested in being considered for the 2019 Paul Hanna Lectureship, please send your application/submission electronically, as follows BY July 17.
Prepare one PDF file that contains:
• Current Resume (2 pages)
• Brief Bio in paragraph form and self-portrait for press purposes
• Brief description of your topic (200 words)
• 10 images of your current work (include the following information with each image: artist name, title of work, media, dimensions, and year completed).
• Title your PDF exactly as such: Lastname_Firstname_Paul Hanna.pdf (e.g., Doe_Jane_ Paul Hanna.pdf).
• Prepare an email to email@example.com with your PDF entry (no larger than 2MB) attached. The subject line should read, Paul Hanna Application by [your full name].
• Send the e-mail.
• Purchase online or send check to Linda Fawcett for TASA individual 2019-20 membership. See www.tasart.org/join for how to do this.
• Your application is complete.
*Only applications submitted in a single PDF format will be reviewed.
Paul Hanna Presenter will be announced on August 7th.