Call for submissions: Celebrate the Americas!
San Jacinto College Central Campus Art Gallery is currently accepting submissions for an exhibition under the umbrella of the theme "Celebrate the Americas!" which is part of this year’s annual programming set forth by the San Jacinto College Fine Arts Council. The gallery will host an exhibition that looks to explore the geography, customs and culture of the Americas (North, Central and South.)
The Central Art Gallery is committed to providing a stimulating environment that promotes critical and creative inquiry and contributes to the overall enrichment of our students, staff, faculty and local community.
Deadline: Aug 11th 2019
Notification: Aug 18th, 2019
Opening: Oct 16th 2019
Closing reception: Nov 6th 2019
1. Open to all practicing artists 18 years +
2. Artist CV, bio and statement that addresses the work submitted
3. Only work executed within the last two years and not previously shown at the gallery will be considered
4. Artist is responsible for transporting work to and from gallery or via mail at their own expense. Arrangements can be made for pick-up/drop off within 30-mile radius
5. All visual media is eligible, including, but not limited to painting, installation, small sculpture and ceramics, graphic arts, drawing, photography, digital media, collage etc.
6. 2-D work with a maximum of 8’ in length and 5’ in height. 3-D sculpture not to exceed a 5’ x 5’ footprint (recommendation for artist to install larger pieces).
7. Interactive mediums i.e. performance art, social practice will require an afternoon schedule on the calendar to fit the needs of a small academic institution.
6. Small stipend offered for workshops or artist talks (limited slots available)
7. The gallery is not for profit, but does allow artists to engage in the solicitation of their works through the gallery space.
Please submit no more than five images that accurately represent the artwork(s) entered. Send images as jpg. (lastname_firstname_entry # ex: Doe_Jane_01.jpg). Create corresponding list to images in PDF format indicating title, year, medium and dimensions and include notes for any special hanging instructions. Send to email@example.com