More InformationThe UMLAUF Sculpture Garden & Museum seeks a talented and experienced Senior Development Manager who is dedicated to the mission and vision of the institution and committed to its ability to enhance the lives of all visitors. This is an opportunity to work with a beloved arts organization at the cusp of exciting change and growth.
The Senior Development Manager oversees a variety of functions and critical focus areas of the UMLAUF Sculpture Garden & Museum.
The Senior Development Manager will work with the Executive Director to create and implement a comprehensive fund development plan that will expand current sources of funding and develop new sources of funding through partnerships and individual, foundation and corporate gifts, annual giving, and other campaigns. The Senior Development Manager provides oversight and daily maintenance over membership programs, conceptualizes and coordinates donor and membership events, creates key messaging to members and prospective members, continuously researches new and appropriate grant opportunities and coordinates grant reporting.
He/She will advance the mission of The UMLAUF by planning, organizing and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment by contributors. Additionally, he/she will oversee the distribution of proper donation acknowledgments, tracking of gifts, tracking of benefits and provides accounting support as it relates to membership, development, and the board.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for managing development activities and deliverables and communicating those to the Board of Directors and Executive Director.
• Build lasting relationships with Museum patrons and donors through consistent communication, meaningful recognition and stewardship.
• Manage special assignments as appropriate relating to Board activities and meetings.
• Manages and coordinates grants with museum staff and contract grant writers.
• Manage foundation and corporate grant seeking, including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements. Steward existing grants.
• Creates funding requests and identifies donors for funding opportunities.
• Manages communications with members, donors, and prospective members.
• Prepare and disseminate donor correspondence and fundraising materials.
• Ensures the department is managing all necessary primary records related to contributions, donor and member records.
• Monitor donations and member contributions and prepare donation acknowledgements, including gift processing for operating, programs, capital gifts and grants.
• Develop partnerships to enhance membership recruitment.
• Manage guest lists, ticket sales, and admission for fundraisers such as Garden Party.
• Responsible for the coordination and execution of the annual auction fundraising event working with the staff and chairs.
• Effectively maintain donor database (NeonCRM )and its records; accurate data entry for memberships, appeals, mailings; data cleansing, software updates and departmental education.
• Identify new and expand current member levels, opportunities and prospects to increase membership.
• Manages the creation of collateral materials used for development, including invitations.
• Manage Museum Membership, membership programs, evaluates membership and provides reports and analysis to the Executive Director.
• Create quarterly membership touchpoints, campaigns, offers and benefits that draw membership to ongoing Umlauf activities.
• Sets deadlines for and coordinates annual appeal.
• Creates the annual development calendar with the Executive Director.
• Coordinates Amplify Austin efforts.
• Manages the Sculpture Sponsorship program, coordinates their excursions, dinners, events, programs.
• Staff liaison for the Board of Directors: coordinates meetings, communications, retreats and events
• Staff liaison for the development committee of the Board of Directors.
• Administrative duties as assigned, to support the Executive Director.
Skills and Requirements:
• College Degree from an accredited university.
• Two to five years of non-profit experience in a development department or other experience with translatable skills.
• Proven track record of success in non-profit, and/or museum fundraising.
• Five years of professional experience managing departmental budgets.
• Highly organized, self-starter, and flexible in a dynamic environment.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office products, Neon, or experience with other database managements.
• Must excel at delegating tasks and demonstrate exceptional communication skills.
• Priorities are in line with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees.
• Provide and model effective project management skills.
• Sense of personal accountability and responsibility.
• Proven experience of writing, managing and monitoring ongoing communications/collateral pieces, and reports.
• Approachable, inspirational, and supportive, with the ability to communicate effectively with people in all areas of the museum.
• Integrity, diplomacy and professional skills to work effectively on cross-team initiatives and to consult as appropriate.
• Proven ability to think and act strategically and to develop and implement practical and effective procedures.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Flexible to work weekday evenings and weekends for meetings and special events as needed.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple agendas and responsibilities.
• Ability to handle confidential records and sensitive donor information with discretion.
• Interdepartmental Management skills.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
One Part-time employee, Development and Event Assistant.
The Development Department currently has a grant writer on retainer.
Development interns and graduate students when applicable.
Reports to the Executive Director.
According to the museum handbook, all positions are evaluated on a 30, 60, 90 day probationary period.
Please send a resume, cover letter and 2-3 current applicable references to [email protected] by Friday, January 31, 2020.
This Ad has been viewed 56 times.