More InformationThe Nasher Sculpture Center is seeking a smart, motivated, hard-working, and ethical individual to serve as the museum’s Manager of Advancement Operations.
The Manager of Advancement Operations will be a vital part of the Nasher’s fundraising team. S/he will advance the mission of the museum by:
• Overseeing the accurate, efficient, and effective processing of all donations to the Nasher
• Ensuring that supporters are thanked and feel appreciated by overseeing the timely acknowledgement of their donations
• Serving as a thought-partner with team leadership in the execution of fundraising efforts
• Communicating team performance by managing revenue tracking and fundraising reporting
• Serving as the expert on the museum’s CRM/database system
About the Nasher Sculpture Center
Open since 2003 and located in the Dallas Arts District, the Nasher Sculpture Center is home to one of the finest collections of modern and contemporary sculpture in the world. The Nasher presents world-class exhibitions, popular public programs, and impactful educational initiatives throughout the year.
The Nasher’s Advancement team, comprised of eight full- and part-time fundraising professionals, is responsible for building relationships and generating revenue that help make the museum’s exhibitions and programs possible.
• Manages and provides expertise in the processing and acknowledgement of donations/memberships to the Nasher and in the maintenance of donor records
• Serves as the onsite expert and administrator for Altru, the museum’s CRM/donor database, maintaining and improving its overall integrity and quality
• Supervises and manages the activities and performance of the Gift Processor
• Provides team and museum leadership with revenue reports
• Works closely and collaboratively with the Finance team to ensure the reconciliation of gifts
• Provides advice to team leadership on criteria and segmentation for fundraising efforts
• Ensures accurate, clean data for use in fundraising and marketing communications
• Produces analysis of fundraising performance and makes recommendations for improvement
• Writes and maintains up-to-date database procedures
• Coordinates database training for all users
• Plays a leading role in the execution of fundraising-related solicitations and mailings for Nasher Prize, the museum’s annual fundraising gala
• Reports To: Director of Individual Giving and Membership
• Direct Report: Gift Processor
• Strong interest in the arts, in fundraising, and in working in a creative/cultural/nonprofit/museum setting
• Three or more years of related/relevant/transferable professional experience, preferably in fundraising, marketing, membership, sales, data management, or database operations
• Bachelor’s degree (or considerable, comparable work experience)
• Experience with CRM/database systems (Raisers’ Edge or Altru experience strongly preferred)
• Strong attention to detail and highly organized
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically with Microsoft Excel
• Excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills
• Professional demeanor, with strong interpersonal skills and management potential
• Interest in learning, growing, and problem-solving
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and to treat fundraising/donor information with discretion
• General office environment with occasional work throughout the museum’s facilities
• Significant computer work
• Position requires occasional nights and weekends
How to Apply
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references, to James Jillson, Director of Individual Giving and Membership, at [email protected] No phone calls, please.
This Ad has been viewed 445 times.