FULLY FUNDED HALE ARTIST IN RESIDENCY APPLICATION
The Hale Master of Fine Art Residency funds artists who either have recently graduated (within 5 years) from or are currently enrolled in an MFA graduate program. This is a month-long residency is designed for an artist whose work explores aesthetic beauty. The Hale MFA Residency provides space and time for artists to focus solely on their work. There is no expectation to teach, exhibit, or present work. Hale Residencies take place only during the months of January, February, and March. There is no expectation for the resident to teach, but we do encourage exhibition and other community engagement.
- Current CV/Resume highlights (maximum 3 pages)
- Artist Statement (200 words or less)
- Artists Bio (200 words or less)
- 12 digital images of your work, including a list of images with title, media, dimensions, date, and your name.
- Cover letter with a brief description of your work and any specific circumstances that you would like us to consider (in 300 words or less). Please tell us why you are applying, what your goals are for this residency.
- Email and phone contacts for 3 references. Please describe their relationship to you. Your references should be a current or recent (within 5 years) employer, teacher, gallerist, mentor.
FORMATTING: Space all your text at 1.5
Send your full application in a PDF to [email protected]
Deadline: November 6th, 2023
Announcements will be made by November 10th, 2023.