EAR (Equitable Artist Residency) is grounded in centering the expressed needs of BIPOC artists in order to create more equitable and reciprocal relations between the Creative Arts Center of Dallas (CAC) and BIPOC artists. This residency functions in two main pieces: (1) Artists are required take over our gallery and provide a show for CAC and (2) assist in providing and creating community-based events for the greater Dallas public.
The Creative Arts Center of Dallas will provide the following:
• Full access to our Gallery for an exhibition of the Artist’s choosing with respects to CAC’s Gallery limitations. We will provide consultation regarding the Gallery limitations and can also provide assistance regarding curation services or other needs.
• Marketing through CAC’s social & web channels. CAC can provide full design services and/or assistance upon request.
• Means of accepting payment on the event that the Resident Artist’s work is purchased. (Suggested donation of 30% to CAC)
• A reception for the Resident Artist’s exhibition. Details will be discussed during our consultation.
• A floor plan of the gallery with measurements.
• A stipend of $1,500 that can be spent as the Resident Artist sees fit; $750 up front & $750 upon completion of the residency. Hourly pay, in keeping with CAC Standards, for Community Outreach work.
• Access to CAC facilities & tools (parameters will be determined during consultation).
Resident Artists will provide the following:
• A Gallery show tailored to CAC’s Gallery complete with an Artist and Show Statement.
• Must be in attendance of the reception for the exhibition.
• Engagement and participation in one of CAC’s pre-established Community Outreach Programs or development of one-time, community-based project dedicated to uplifting inclusion within the arts (this item to be established during consultation).