Brandon Zech and Christina Rees discuss conservation nightmares, the Dust Bowl, and how well-versed Texas artists are on this subject.
“Texas artists have been dealing with this forever.”
To watch last summer’s Top Five on Our Favorite Artworks About Snow & Ice, please go here.
1. The Photography of Earlie Hudnall, Jr. (1980s and ’90s)
2. A) Katie Pell, Bitchen Stove, 2006
B) Helen Altman, Custom Deluxe, 1990
3. Luis Jiménez, Man on Fire, 1969
4. Sandy Carson: We Were There (Series, 2007-2017)
5. Alexandre Hogue, Drought Survivors, 1936
Thanks for including Earlie Hudnall in the mix!
Great video. I have a Hogue lithograph of the prairie dog in the bottom right of Drought Survivors. I imagine you knew about the Hogue exhibit at the DMA a few years ago. https://dma.org/art/exhibitions/alexandre-hogue-erosion-series