The James D. Hamlin Collection

April 18 - October 11, 2009

Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum

2503 4th Avenue, Canyon, TX 79015 Get directions

(806) 651-2244

"As the first serious collector of antiques and art in the Texas Panhandle, James D. Hamlin (1871-1950) acquired hundreds of items that he donated to the Panhandle-Plains Historical Society in 1942. Hamlin lived for many years at Farwell, Texas where he managed the leasing and sales of former XIT Ranch lands for the Capitol Reservations Lands Company of Chicago. A selection Hamlin’s furniture, decorative art, and art will be featured."

Print Friendly

Leave a Reply