Hecho a Mano, Call for artist deadline October 12, 2012
Call to Artist Deadline: October 12, 2012
Reception date/time: Friday, November 30, 2012
Description: The Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center invites local, regional and national visual artists to submit their applications to be included in the 26th annual Hecho A Mano/Made by Hand, a fine art and craft market to be held November 30-December 2, 2012 at the Guadalupe Gallery, 723 S. Brazos St. Hecho a Mano brings together both traditional and contemporary arts and crafts including unique one-of-a-kind pieces in diverse artistic mediums.
Hecho A Mano is open to all artists and craftspersons. Anyone interested in applying can visit the Guadalupe website at www.guadalupeculturalarts.org. Artists are selected by a panel of respected jurors. The application deadline is Friday, October 12, 2012 by 5 p.m. CST.
Original, handcrafted, contemporary and traditional items are eligible. Artwork must be made by hand by the participating artist. All artwork displayed must be for sale. All interested artists must complete an application online and upload five (5) samples of the work they would like to sell. Artwork will be juried based on skills and craftsmanship, as well as marketing success for this event.
Hecho A Mano begins on Friday, November 30, 6 to 9 p.m. with an opening reception. The market continues on Saturday and Sunday, December 1 and 2, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. For more information, call (210) 271-3151, email email@example.com or visit www.guadalupeculturalarts.org
Please apply online at http://guadalupeculturalarts.org/2012-hecho-mano-submission-guidelines-application.
APPLICATION FORM IS DUE By 5 p.m. on Friday, October 12, 2012.
Hecho A Mano/Made By Hand is open to all US artists and craftspersons. In order to maintain the high quality of traditional and contemporary arts and crafts, a panel of jurors selects the artists to participate in Hecho A Mano.
Please email Mary E. Cantu with any questions.
1. Original, handcrafted items (including artistic photography) are eligible. Artwork must be Hecho A Mano/Made By Hand by the participating artist. All artwork displayed must be for sale.
2. All artists must submitted a completed application and upload five (5) samples of the work they would like to sell.
3. All completed and signed application forms and images are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, October 12, 2012. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted. Invitations accepting or letters declining participation will be sent by Friday, October 26, 2012.
4. Items to be sold must be entered into an Excel Spreadsheet sent by the Guadalupe and delivered by the artist between November 26-November 28, 2012. Delivery date will be specified when the artist receives a contract.
5. The artwork will be installed in the Guadalupe Gallery. Space will be determined by the curator and assigned according to marketing and inventory needs. The Guadalupe has the sole and final decision on the location of all artists in the market.
6. A 35% commission will be charged on all sales. Cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, and American Express credit cards are accepted for all purchases.
7. Artists are encouraged to be present during all or a portion of the event. Although all precautions will be taken against theft, the Guadalupe is not responsible for stolen items. Security will be present throughout the event.
8. All artwork on display must be for sale. Buyers will take all items with them at the time of purchase.
9. All unsold artwork will be inventoried at the end of the event on Sunday, December 2, 2012. All remaining inventory MUST be removed at the close of the event, post inventory. Artwork will NOT be stored for participating artists.
10. Checks will be mailed to artists within 30 days of sale. No monies will be issued before this date. Arrangements can be made to pick up checks.
This ad has been viewed 324 times