500X College Expo: Call for entries
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
NEW CROP: 500X College Expo
Opening October 6, 7-10pm
Jurors: Barry Whistler and Allison V. Smith
Submissions Deadline: Sept 23, 2012
About FRESH MEAT: 500X College Expo
500X Gallery, Texas\' oldest artist-run space, continues our annual juried show for college students!
Like the annual Expo juried show, NEW CROP: 500X College Expo aims to bring together artists from around the state. The exhibition offers college students an opportunity to enter into a dialogue with their Texas-based counterparts and to see work by their colleagues at other institutions. The exhibition will offer visitors an overview of the variety of perspectives that exist throughout colleges and universities in Texas.
• To submit work, please visit http://500x.slideroom.com
• The exhibition is open to all artists enrolled in college-level courses in Texas.
• The entry fee is $30 for up to 5 images (includes details of work).
• All visual media are eligible, including drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, installation and video (artist must supply all required electronic equipment).
• Artists will be notified via email Friday, September 28 by 8pm if the work has been accepted into the exhibition. If you do not receive an email, your work has not been accepted.
• Work must be exhibition ready (with securely attached D-rings, cleats, etc). Works without hanging hardware- even if accepted by the juror- will NOT be accepted for the exhibition, and there will be no refund of the entry fee.
• Complex installations will be considered only if the artist is available to install.
• During drop-off, accepted entrants must show a current student ID and a printout of their Fall 2012 class schedule; there are no exceptions to this rule.
• Securely label each work with your name, title of work, media, dimensions, date of execution, and price.
• The gallery retains a 40% commission on all artwork sold during the exhibition.
This ad has been viewed 147 times