DiverseWorks seeks Curatorial Assistant
DiverseWorks ArtSpace seeks to hire a full-time Curatorial Assistant to provide programmatic and administrative support to the Executive Director and Artistic Director in a full range of capacities related to visual, performing, and public arts programming. A dynamic and organized individual, the successful candidate will be a creative thinker who is familiar with a broad range of contemporary art practices and genres and has a desire to work in a fast-paced, team-focused environment. In addition to programmatic assistance, the Curatorial Assistant will coordinate and administer The Idea Fund grants program.
The primary job responsibilities of the Curatorial Assistant include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct and maintain curatorial research, program files, and correspondence
• Coordinate the production of exhibitions, performances, and public programs
• Serve as liaison to the Artist Board and coordinate its activities
• Arrange travel and hospitality for guest curators, artists, and speakers
• Write didactic and press materials; prepare materials for publication
• Help prepare and monitor budgets, prepare purchase orders, track supplies and equipment
• Assist with installation and special events as needed
• Manage interns and volunteers
• Administer The Idea Fund project, including serving as liaison to funders and partner organizations, maintaining relationships with grantees, coordinating programs and services, and monitoring budgets and reports
• Bachelor’s degree in Art History or related field with a strong knowledge of contemporary art, performing arts, and/or visual culture; MA preferred
• 2+ years administrative experience in a museum, non-profit arts institution, or gallery
• Strong computer and technical skills
• Rigorous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, proactive, flexible, and collaborative
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and list of 3 professional references with contact information to Elizabeth Dunbar at Elizabeth@Diverseworks.org. Deadline is July 22, 2012. No phone calls please.
DiverseWorks is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
This ad has been viewed 729 times