Blue Star Contemporary Art Center seeks Program & Marketing Manager
Job Description: Program & Marketing Manager
Blue Star Contemporary Art Center is a non-profit, non-collecting contemporary art center in San Antonio, Texas that advances the growth, education and understanding of contemporary art, artists and the curatorial process. Through exhibitions and a variety of programs, Blue Star is an active participant in the development of regional, national and international contemporary art and provides a lively forum for the visual arts dialogue. Blue Star is a unique art space hosting over 20 exhibitions a year within its four distinct galleries showcasing the work of local, international, emerging and established contemporary artists, including our MOSAIC students.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program and Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, managing and implementing strategic public relations and marketing plans. The position also manages internal and external communications, brand strategy, social media platforms, the organization’s website and marketing collateral, direct mail, email marketing, advertising placement, promotions, and serves as an official spokesperson for Blue Star.
The Program & Marketing Manager regulates the Blue Star calendar of events and exhibitions. They manage and supervise event and exhibition logistics, liaise with artists, curators, event committees and manage the Program Assistant, Preparator, Office Assistant and interns.
Applicants must have skills to manage multiple projects from inception to completion; strong managerial skills and an aptitude for managing and directing multiple tasks and people simultaneously; a proven track record in implementing strategic marketing, public relations and social media campaigns; successfully planning and promoting events; research target markets and promotional partnerships; tracking and analyzing marketing ROI; in-depth knowledge of industry practices and trends; a diplomatic working style; ability to liaise with the media, the public, artists and customers; excellent written and verbal skills; and the ability to look ahead and meet deadlines. Most of all, The Program & Marketing Manager must have vision, passion, the ability to adapt to new pressures, and boundless energy for Blue Star’s mission.
Program and Exhibition Management
• Manage Exhibition Calendar.
• Organize and co-lead exhibition and hospitality committee meetings.
• Liaise between artists, curator and organization.
• Oversee installation and de-installation of all exhibits.
o Manage Preparator and Program Assistant to ensure all deadlines are met; exhibition marketing collateral, labels, wall vinyl and website content is correct and media placement is secured and catalogued.
• Work with development team to organize and execute annual fundraisers.
• Publicize Blue Star exhibits, programs and special events, develop and pitch story ideas.
• Actively cultivate media relationships and serve as spokesperson and liaison to the media.
• Secure media sponsorships for special events and exhibit openings.
• Write news releases, public service announcements, organize press events, photo ops/media alerts, flyers, marketing collateral materials, and ad copy.
• Maintain media mailing list, press clippings, photo, video footage and slide presentation files.
• Develop Blue Star press kits.
• Coordinate promotional events with appropriate departments and organizations.
• Develop cross-promotional relationships with other organizations, business and the media.
• Track and evaluate promotional efforts and produce monthly reports.
• Plan, implement and evaluate comprehensive marketing strategy to include special events campaigns, admissions promotions and web outreach and communications.
• Oversee the development of Blue Star’s website and regularly update content as needed.
• Manage development and placement of Blue Star advertising.
• Supervise the production and design of marketing publications.
• Manage public relations budget.
Event Program Management:
• EVENT COORDINATION: Responsible for facilitating and managing events, including: branding, marketing, sponsorship asks and event execution.
• COMMITTEE MANAGEMENT: Facilitating meetings, managing meeting agenda, developing accountability with committee members.
Blue Star Rental Management:
• Manage Blue Star as a venue process including marketing, billing and calendar.
Staff Management of the following Direct Reports:
• General management of direct reports.
• Implement Blue Star’s uniform formal review process for direct reports including annual review and bi-annual assessment update.
Please send resume, cover letter, list of references, and up to five writing samples to Rebecca Geibel at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 16, 2012.
This ad has been viewed 721 times