Art League seeks Education Program Director
Education Program Director
Art League Houston (ALH) seeks a motivated and highly organized individual to run its multi-faceted Education Program. This position is responsible for the organization, implementation and oversight of the Art League School and ALH’s Healing Art, ArtBound! and Kids Studio Programs. The Education Program Director reports to the Executive Director. This is a full-time position with a generous healthcare allowance. Major responsibilities are listed below:
• Recruit, hire, determine pay for Instructors
• Purchase necessary materials (print press upkeep, easels, etc.)
• Course Catalogue coordination, oversight and production
• Oversee all aspects of registration
• Determine demands and materials required for certain classes (facilities, Instructor preference, and class sizes)
• Research and develop marketing initiatives
• Determine schedule and themes for Summer and Winter Camp sessions
• Recruit and hire Instructors and Counselors
• Oversee all aspects of registration, including but not limited to securing appropriate paperwork from registrants and communicating expectations/policies to parents
• Purchase all required supplies and materials for camp sessions
• Recruit and hire Instructors
• Determine schools for residencies and act as primary contact for school administrators, Teaching Artists and school teachers
• Coordinate and conduct planning meetings
• Generate, proof and edit any accompanying materials, press and/or social networking components
• Coordinate annual schedule
• Act as liaison between students (potential and current) and ALH
Exceptional administrative skills
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
Well-developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups
Ability to work independently/as a self-starter, as well as a team member
Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of donor management programs and all social media applications
Flexibility and willingness to assist with openings, events, etc.
Basic understanding of database usage
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com Please do not call or contact the Art League.
Art League Houston (ALH) is one of Houston’s longest operating non-profit visual arts organizations. Founded in 1948 and incorporated as a non-profit in 1953, ALH was created to promote the public appreciation of and interest in the visual arts. To date, ALH has presented over 800 exhibitions to the Houston community, presented the work of over 22,400 artists, and instructed over 33,000 students through the Art League School and outreach programs.
Art League Houston is committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all programs and services, and does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, religion and/or sex (including marital status and/or sexual orientation) national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or veteran status.
This ad has been viewed 498 times