Austin Art in Public Places Full-Time Temporary Position
The City of Austin Art in Public Places Program is seeking a full-time, temporary professional to manage various duties as described below:
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of the City of Austin’s permanent and temporary public art collection.
2. Manage comprehensive inventory including visual inspections to assess the maintenance and conservation needs of works of art, as needed.
3. Identify and oversee repair/conservation needs of the public art collection to include incident reporting and documentation, and management of contracts with artists, contractors, or conservators for repair/conservation services
4. Carry out minor preventative measures on public artworks such as washing and waxing bronze, cleaning and sealing grout.
5. Provide oversight for ongoing maintenance of artwork and establish ongoing relationships with user departments, providing training opportunities to city department staff, and developing a maintenance schedule for the public art collection.
6. Compile and submit insurance reports for all permanent accessions of art and art on loan to the City of Austin, and document any damage and submit claims to insurance company when necessary.
7. Provide general oversight and document all artistic/cultural assets within the city.
8. Develop and maintain paper and electronic files, databases, visual archives, publicity materials and web resources related to collection management including the Public Art Collection database, object files and digital image collection.
9. Serve as program point of contact for artwork donation inquiries and applications and facilitate departmental review processes in accordance with City policy.
More information and online application available at: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/32281
Job closes on June 15, 2012
This ad has been viewed 723 times