Linda Pace Foundation - Collections Intern
The Linda Pace Foundation is seeking an intern eager to gain knowledge and experience in a private non-profit art foundation environment. The internship is offered during the summer and/or fall months (July–December 2012) and is ideal for beginning professionals or graduate students. The internship is compensated, and requires a commitment of 8-16 hours per week. Students need not receive credit if they do not wish to do so.
Responsibilities may include:
• Assist in the maintenance of artwork records and archives. Digitize documents or photographs when needed.
• Assist in the handling, packing, movement, and inspection of objects entering or leaving the Foundation to determine that damage or deterioration to objects has not occurred.
• Assist in the creation of detailed condition reports of specified artworks.
• Assist in the acquisition of images and information pertinent to the collection database.
• Research artwork information upon request.
• Other duties as assigned.
Previous study and experience in artwork handling, non-profits, Studio Art and Art History fields are preferred. Candidates should possess knowledge of business protocol; excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; and a proven track record of prioritizing and completing multiple assignments.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
To apply for this internship please submit via email a cover letter with address and contact information; college transcripts; and written recommendations from two professors or collections professionals. Applications are due May 31, 2012.
Please email to: email@example.com
The Linda Pace Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This ad has been viewed 366 times