The Major Gifts Manager is a full time exempt member of the fundraising staff. As part of the development team, the Major Gifts Manager oversees the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts of $10,000 and more mainly from individuals and selected corporate partners. The Major Gifts Manager plays a critical role in increasing individual donor support and acting as an ambassador for CAMH across the community. This new position was created in order to maximize gift revenue from CAMH’s sizable constituency of prospects who have the capacity and interest to increase their giving to the major gift level. The Major Gifts Manager will also be responsible for formalizing the organization’s planned giving program. This position reports to the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) and collaborates with CAMH leadership to implement departmental strategies and tactics to attain financial goals set by the CAO and Board of Trustees.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain a personal portfolio of current campaign donors and prospects; Communicate with portfolio through face-to-face solicitation and stewardship meetings, as well as written proposals when needed; Ensure that each major donor and prospect has a clear strategy and timeline for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
• Secure at least 3-5 meaningful face-to-face visits weekly, and 2 to 3 major gift solicitations per month
• Develop meeting support materials including talking points, solicitation materials, background, and follow-up proposals
• Work closely with Grants and Gifts Coordinator to prepare written proposals tailored to selected prospects
• With the Chief Advancement Officer, create and manage budgets for special campaigns; Track and report on progress to goal, including contacts, gifts, pledges, and cash-flow projections
• Extract and analyze data from database and electronic wealth screening services to help identify and qualify major gift prospects.
• Identify potential new sources of support mainly from individuals. Develop strategies to cultivate and solicit these prospects; Conduct one-on-one prospecting sessions with high-level donors, board members, staff, and others to identify and qualify major gift prospects
• Develop a strategy and supporting materials for the organization’s planned giving program
• Be a visible presence at Development special events, such as receptions during exhibitions, major donor cultivation events, and fundraisers such as the Annual Gala and Another Great Night
• Oversee stewardship of current donors through program of personal contact, recognition and communication. Coordinate with Gifts Processing Coordinator in the preparation of customized thank-you letters as well as written stewardship reports to major gift donors
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
Qualifications and Requirements
• B.A. degree in appropriate field; strong interest in contemporary art and its place in the community
• Minimum of 3-5 years professional development experience, preferably with an arts related institution
• Record of successful experience in activities requiring customer service and/or customer relations
• Record of closing numerous, nonevent-related gifts at $10,000 and above.
• Strong sense of fundraising ethics and respect for confidentiality of donor information
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including the ability to present information in a variety of formats
• Proficiency in research and in interpreting and analyzing diverse data
• Demonstrated ability to resolve problems with grace and diplomacy
• Ability to keep track of the overall picture while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail in a variety of situations
• Ability to perform under pressure and work with tight deadlines
• Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
• Excellent computer skills including experience with Word, Excel, and Raiser’s Edge
This Ad has been viewed 118 times.