Dallas Center for Photography seeks an Administrative Assistant to join our small, passionate team. For nine years DCP has offered high quality photography education in the North Texas area and collaborates with other centers around the country. We support a full range of classes and workshops, host speaker talks and movie nights, and will soon be opening our gallery.
In this position you will be the initial contact for both prospective and current clients and would handle daily administrative tasks and provide support for the Director and Manager. We are looking for someone who is creative with exceptional customer service skills, is organized, detail-oriented and thrives on keeping things running smoothly in a fluid environment.
• Answer phone calls and emails about classes, workshops, tutoring and special requests
• Manage tutoring schedule and payment history for the director and other instructors
• Assist with our website including class scheduling, handling cancellations, refunds and coupons
• Keep updated records on classes and demographics and create regular reports
• Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain office calendar
• Maintain DCP files and assist with account reconciliation
• Correspond with clients, models and instructors both before and after workshops and classes
• Prepare rosters, handouts and other materials for classes and workshops
• Correspond regularly with workshop assistants and coordinate duties and projects for their shifts
• Share responsibility for support during classes and workshops as well as studio cleaning and maintenance
• 4-year degree, preferably including coursework in advertising, art, journalism, photography or a related field
• 1-3 years experience in an administrative or customer service role
• Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office
• Adobe CC design skills, WordPress and MailChimp management experience are a plus
• Excellent time management and organization skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Fiercely curious, quick to absorb new information and processes
• Sharp, creative problem solving skills
• Punctual, professional, non-smoker
• Live in Dallas and plan to be here for a while
• A background in photography and AV skills to help with setup/troubleshooting is a plus
• Some evening and weekend availability
• DCP is entering the nonprofit space this year so any experience with a 501(c)(3) is helpful
This is a long-term, part time position. Estimated work load is 25-30 hours/week with the potential for full-time employment depending on your skills. Starting pay range is $14-$16/hour based on experience. The work schedule is somewhat flexible with some evenings and weekends required.
If interested, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with a personal email and your resume attached. Include a paragraph or two with reasons for your interest in the job and any involvement with photography. Please be prepared to supply a list of recent, relevant references if you are contacted about your application. While we thank you for applying, we are only able to respond to qualified applicants. Applications will be disregarded unless they include all the above items, meet all job requirements and are professional in tone, spell-checked and well-formatted.
This Ad has been viewed 180 times.