Fall Internships take place from Sept - Dec
Deadline: August 1st. - Extended Deadline - August 8th
As an Education Intern, you will assist with making available to the public HCP’s educational calendar and schedule of workshops, with library maintenance, database management, and with maintaining student records and information. This position is ideal for someone embarking on a career in Arts Education, Museum Education, Library Studies, as a Cataloguer or an Archivist.
You will have any or all of the following responsibilities:
• Organize new student info, statistics on classes, and class attendance records
• Maintain database class history of students
• Assist with online class evaluation
• Archive class sign-in spreadsheets
• Follow Certificate of Completion students class records
• Support during special events
• Publish new classes to the website
• Create new educational web pages as needed
• Catalogue books for the John Clearly Library
• Add newly acquired books to library catalog, wrapping them and adding call numbers
• Archive publications and periodicals in the library
• Lead exhibition tours to school groups
• Library maintenance and upkeep
• Share the responsibility with other interns and staff of monitoring the gallery during open hours
To apply: Please send your cover letter, resume, filled-out internship application and references to: Houston Center for Photography ATTN: Internship 1441 W. Alabama Houston, TX 77006 or via email to Natalie Rodgers.
This Ad has been viewed 26 times.