The Amarillo Museum of Art is currently seeking a part-time Assistant Curator/Registrar. This is a 30 hour/week position with the option for health insurance benefits. The Assistant Curator/Registrar reports to the Curator of Art and the Executive Director and works closely with staff from other departments in the museum. The Amarillo Museum of Art is dedicated to enriching the lives of the diverse people of the Texas Panhandle area, bringing them together for the experience of art through exhibitions, education, and collections.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist the Curator of Art with aspects of in-house and touring exhibitions including packing/crating, shipping, installation, condition reports, loan requests, photography, etc.
• Assist in the development and marketing of traveling exhibitions curated from the AMoA’s permanent collection.
• Under the direction of the Curator of Art, conduct an annual inventory of the permanent collection.
• Responsible for maintaining permanent collection records through the Collector Systems database.
• Create and maintain object files for new acquisitions.
• Conduct curatorial research on exhibitions and the permanent collection artworks.
• Write and edit exhibition labels and text panels as needed.
• Assist with events logistics – assist with set up and break down.
• Assist Education Department by providing tours of exhibitions as needed.
• Occasional evening and overtime work as directed, on-call for weekend duties as needed.
• Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must always maintain a high level of professionalism and provide exemplary service to staff, visitors, donors, board members and the community at large.
• Additional job duties may be required as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Art History, Museum Studies, Fine Art, or a related field.
• Knowledge of museum standards, art handling, and collections management practices.
• Exceptional verbal communication and writing skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and collaborative skills.
• Ability to work independently, proactively, creatively, and effectively as a team member.
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to visually inspect artwork and lift up to 50 pounds.
• 3 years’ experience in an art museum curatorial setting or related area.
• Familiarity with Collector Systems or related collections management software.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Basic woodworking, painting, and framing experience.
Salary is available upon request.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Ad has been viewed 56 times.