Fall Internships take place from Sept - Dec
Deadline for applying is August 1st. - Extended Deadline - August 8th
The Houston Center for Photography seeks creative individuals with an interest in photography and the visual arts for internship opportunities. Offered year round, internships at HCP provide a platform for undergraduate and graduate students to gain practical, hands-on experience in our exhibitions, education, and development departments. HCP’s programming includes exhibitions, educational classes, workshops, community education programs and initiatives, fellowships, publications, a digital darkroom, and a library. Our hope is to match each intern with duties that match their interest and learning goals.
As Exhibitions Intern, you will assist with the planning and execution of several exhibitions and events, featuring celebrated work by well-known artists and cutting edge photographic projects. This position is ideal for someone embarking on a career in Art History, Studio Art or Curatorial Studies.
You will have any or all of the following responsibilities:
• Prepare for installation and de-installation of exhibitions
• Assist registrar processing work received and shipped
• Assist with artist submissions processing and reviewing
• Conduct research on artists in preparation for upcoming exhibitions
• Assist with exhibition materials (press, artist statements, and resumes), filing, and database maintenance
• Maintain exhibition supply and print inventories
• Run errands in preparation for exhibitions
• Assist with archiving of exhibitions material
• Enter information related to exhibitions and artists into database
• Update and create exhibitions pages of the HCP website
• Creation of press packets for exhibiting artists
• Assist with creation and maintain stock of curatorial materials for exhibitions
• Lead exhibition tours to school groups
• Share the responsibility with other interns and staff of monitoring the gallery during open hours
Please send your cover letter, resume, filled-out internship application and references to: Houston Center for Photography ATTN: Internship 1441 W. Alabama Houston, TX 77006 or via email to Natalie Rodgers.
This Ad has been viewed 42 times.