Job Title: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
Classification: Full time/Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week;
Evenings and weekends occasionally required
With 13 locations throughout the world, Asia Society is the leading educational organization promoting
mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships among the peoples, leaders, and institutions of
Asia and the west. Asia Society Texas Center executes the global mission with a local focus, enriching and
engaging the vast diversity of Houston through innovative, relevant programs in arts and culture, business
and policy, education, and community outreach. Asia Society Texas Center operates as a separate
501(c)(3) organization and is an affiliate of the Asia Society global network.
The Development Coordinator is a key member of the development team and handles all incoming
contributions and data entry related to information on members, donors, and prospective donors.
Responsibilities center on timely updates of information, generating giving and donor reports, and
preparing lists for mailings.
The primary responsibilities of this position fall into two main areas:
• Accurate data entry, gift processing, and database management. This accounts for approximately
60 percent of the position.
• Assisting the Development Team in activities related to special events and receptions as well as
supporting the acquisition, retention, and upgrading of donors. This accounts for 40 percent of
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Moderate to Advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar database application preferred
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
• An understanding of, and an ability to articulate, the accomplishments and goals of an organization
like the Asia Society
• Interest and background in Asian cultures and/or foreign affairs
• Commitment to values of equity, diversity, and inclusion
This Ad has been viewed 92 times.