Seeking a Part Time Media instructor for SAY Sí - a nationally awarded Creative Youth Development organization. Ideal candidate will be a committed, professional, and a creative teaching artist willing to passionately contribute to growing and help shape SAY Sí’s Media Arts Studio (MAS), a creative innovative technology based learning program that provides a hands-on focus in filmmaking and photography. This position will embody the mission of SAY Sí’s values and belief in the transformational power of art and creativity, and will lead high-level weekly classes specific to media, filmmaking and photography for our high school youth, and support our middle school programs as well. Through cutting-edge creative programs, students learn and put into action 21st century creative skills to forge positive change in themselves and their communities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
● Teach weekly classes to high and middle school youth in an open studio environment
● Assist with the production of student short films, professional commissioned videos, and other promotional videos for MAS and other SAY Sí departments
● Assist in maintaining all audio/video equipment, computer hardware/software, accessories and other studio items in good condition.
● Mentor individual students, and peer teachers
● Contribute to planning and promotion of MAS events and student showcases
● Support students on creating and maintaining portfolios of creative work
● Creation of digital video and photography into art-form specific curriculum
● Enforce all program rules and expectations for student performance.
● Support recruitment and retention efforts
● Assist in general program operation, special events and activities
● Participate in staff administrative meetings, staff training sessions, curriculum meetings and occasional parent meetings
● To perform other duties as assigned
SAY Sí media arts Teaching Artists should have/do the following:
● Degree in art-form related field encouraged
● Experience with digital video production process and photography
● Knowledge of and experience teaching youth in media platforms including Adobe Creative Suite
● Demonstrate strong teaching experience with pedagogy, and curriculum design, especially with youth from urban communities
● Believe in the power of art and creativity as an agent of change and equity
● Work well in a collaborative, cross-disciplinary team of artists
● Sense of humor and open, collaborative, spirit
● Ability to multitask and handle competing demands; ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
● Familiarity with and commitment to social justice Schedule: Challenging 3/4-time schedule, generally 3 PM to 7:30 PM, Monday through Thursday. Saturday’s 9 to 3 PM. Schedule subject to change may include evening hours. Pay commensurate with experience
To apply: All potential candidates will need to submit their resume/C.V. (including references), cover letter,
recent work samples or link to online portfolio and a letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters -
ATTN: Nicole Amri, Program Director
For eligible applicants, application process may include an artist talk and subsequent workshop opportunities.
This Ad has been viewed 48 times.