It is time again for Sly Cat Gallery’s summer open call show, this year’s theme is “Dream.”
Dreams take us to other worlds while we sleep. The thoughts of the day mix with our imagination until they are a jumbled stream of sounds and images that only fully make sense while sleeping. When you wake trying to remember them is like trying to gather water in your hands, it just runs through the spaces between your fingers.
Daydreams interrupt the monotony of the day to transport us to different situations and worlds. Here we have control and can determine where the story goes.
Dreams can also be distant goals, far out of our reach but still tantalizingly possible.
Images of artwork must be submitted via email ( email@example.com ) no later than midnight on June 16th, 2018.
Artists will be contacted regarding if they are to participate on June 30th
Opening Reception: August 4th, from 6-9pm at Sly Cat Gallery, 206 South Broad Street, Cedar Hill, TX 75104.
Art will be on display from August 4th, 2018 through October 20th, 2018.
1. All artwork must be presentation ready at drop off, with wire or D-rings for hanging. Unframed canvases should have painted edges. Works on paper should be behind glass unless necessary for the piece. Sculptures must be freestanding or have a simple base for display.
2. Art must be smaller than 5ft wide and 4ft in height.
3. At this moment, we accept only 2D art (painting, drawing, mixed media, photography, printmaking, printed digital works, etc.) and 3D art (ceramic, sculpture, metal art, glass art, wood art, etc.) and have no means of displaying electronic or sound media art.
4. Multiple works by an artist may be submitted, but not all will be chosen.
5. If your work is chosen you will be asked to fill out either a consignment agreement if you wish to sell your art, or a loan agreement if you wish to list it as not for sale.
1. Title of email needs to be: Open Call 2018 Submission, your name
2. High quality image of the artwork(s)
3. Full name
4. Title of work
5. Medium of work
7. Year of completion
8. A brief (1-2 paragraph) artist statement
9. Contact info! Email, phone number, etc.
Art Drop Off:
1. Art must be received no later than July 28th, but may be dropped off any day after the 3rd of July. Keep in mind the gallery business hours are between 12-6pm Tue-Sat. Address: 206 S Broad Street, Cedar Hill, TX 75104.
2. If you need to mail your art please pack it carefully as art can be easily damaged in transit. If you plan of shipping your artwork please notify us in advance so we know when to expect it.
If your artwork does not sell you will be expected to pick up your artwork from October 20th -27th (an email reminder will be sent).
Artwork not picked up by October 27th will be put in storage and an appointment will have to be made to pick it up.
If you still have a question feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org just title your email Open Call 2018 Question so it is easy to spot. Or you may call us during business hours at (469)447-5521.
This Ad has been viewed 237 times.