Communications and Marketing Manager - Project Row Houses
Project Row Houses (PRH) is seeking to hire a Communications and Marketing Manager. The Communications and Marketing Manager will work closely with PRH Executive Director to develop and promote and communicate all organizational programs and activities both digitally and in print. The Manager is responsible for working with Executive Director and Development Director to plan, develop, and implement all of the organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, public relations, and event services activities. This individual will be an ambassador for the organization and will need to build relationships with the media. The position requires a hands-on, collaborative, flexible and motivational approach with the ability to oversee and execute multiple projects simultaneously while driving aggressive deadlines. This position also requires creative and strategic thinking that utilizes the new media of social and community networking.
PRH is a neighborhood-based nonprofit art and cultural organization in Houston’s Northern Third Ward, one of the city’s oldest African-American communities. With a mission to transform community through the celebration of art and African American history and culture, PRH has established programs that encompass arts and culture, neighborhood revitalization, low-income housing, education, historic preservation, and community service. For further information, visit www.projectrowhouses.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create and send out monthly e-newsletters
• Update and maintain media lists and database
• Monitor and update website to ensure current data
• Create promotional material and reach out to PRH program participants, residents and Third Ward community organizations and neighbors
• Write press releases, media pitches, media partnerships, follow up calls
• Push out current media relations efforts via social media platforms
• Regularly post to various community websites online calendars
• Work with Development Director to maintain press kits (digital and physical)
• Maintain and build press contacts
• Work from the list of upcoming events and activities provided by PRH to suggest/prepare a schedule for all media relations and sponsorship efforts, focusing on timing of messages and target audiences in order to maximize coverage.
• Work with Public Art Director to maintain digital images for organizational a serve as point of contact for all media coverage
• Work with other necessary staff person when contracting and designing material for print
• Create beside in-house printed materials (letters or flyers) when needed
• Oversee mass mailings (both digital and physical)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field
• Four + years experience in non-profit arts and/or community organization
• Strong background in marketing, public relations and communications
• Knowledge of current and evolving trends in marketing and communications. Ability to foster an environment of collaboration, creativity and professional growth.
• Personal interest in the mission, principles and values of Project Row Houses
• Demonstrate creative and critical thinking skills.
• Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Community minded, able to communicate well with a variety of personality types and flourish in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic environment
• A team player, works well both independently and collaboratively
• Flexibility and problem solving skills; ability to multi-task and to be highly detail oriented
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT):
• This is a part-time, temporary staff position with no benefits
• Requires periodic weekend and evening work
• No more than 15% travel
• Employee should be able to lift up to 25lbs
Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s background and experience. The position will remain posted until it is filled.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that clearly describes how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position to email@example.com (please DO NOT call). Additionally, be sure to explain your interest in working at Project Row Houses.
Note: All duties and responsibilities listed may or may not be considered essential job functions and requirements. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been i
This ad has been viewed 721 times