The Contemporary Austin is hiring a temporary Email Marketing & Social Media Coordinator
(15-20 hours per week) from late June through mid October 2018. This person will coordinate all email marketing for the museum and manage the museum’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts. Pay rate: between $20-25/hour, depending on experience.
• Work across museum departments to plan, schedule, and realize a robust calendar of email outreach; coordinate with staff to collect content as needed
• Write, build, and test all campaigns using Constant Contact; monitor results and work with staff to ensure effectiveness
• Coordinate with staff to ensure contact lists are up-to-date and that appropriate data is pulled for each campaign
• Work with Publications and Design staff and other departments to identify and fulfill graphic design needs for email marketing projects
• Work regularly with other departments to plan and create content; collaborate with colleagues on social media strategies
• Write, schedule, and publish social media posts
• Plan and implement social media strategy for museum programs and events, with guidance from the Director of Communications
• Highly organized; Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated high level of timeliness and adherence to deadlines on multiple projects
• Effective intradepartmental communication
• Experience with email marketing clients such as Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, etc.
• Experience managing social media accounts for business or non-profit entities
• Understanding of social media practices, especially Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
• Clear, effective, and strong writing and editing skills
• Basic Photoshop skills a plus
• Knowledge of the art world a plus
• Basic HTML a plus
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, brief writing sample, and 3 professional references in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Temporary Marketing & Social Media Coordinator.” No phone calls please. The Contemporary Austin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mission: The Contemporary Austin reflects the spectrum of contemporary art through exhibitions, commissions, education, and the collection.
Vision: The Contemporary Austin aspires to be the contemporary art museum for Austin and an essential part of city life. Through its unique combination of urban and outdoor sites, The Contemporary will embody an eclectic and collaborative spirit.
This Ad has been viewed 184 times.