The Contemporary Austin is hiring a temporary Editor and Web Content Coordinator (15-20 hours per week) from late June through mid October 2018. This position includes detailed editing, writing, and review of all external-facing content and communications, as well as content updates on the museum’s WordPress-based website. Pay rate: between $20-25/hour, depending on experience.
• Work across museum departments to serve as editorial voice and eye for content including curatorial and marketing text, museum graphics, class lists, educational materials, brochures, membership materials, invitations, and press releases
• Work closely with Communications Director and other museum departments to create content for exhibitions, news items, and other activities
• Write, build, and publish digital content, maintain news feed, and develop editorial sections relating to exhibitions, artists, programs, and more to keep all website information up-to-date and accurate
• Identify problems, bugs, and other needs for the website as they arise and work with Communications Director and Web Developer to resolve them
• Highly organized; strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated high level of timeliness and adherence to deadlines on multiple projects
• Demonstrated high level of editorial accuracy
• Ability to work within a strong institutional voice in a range of contexts
• Clear, effective, and strong writing, editing, and research skills
• Experience with developmental editing, copy editing, proofreading, and fact checking
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Experience working within a WordPress environment
• Basic Photoshop skills a plus
• Knowledge of the art world a plus
• Basic HTML a plus
• Experience with Adobe InCopy and InDesign a plus
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, brief writing sample, and 3 professional references in Word or PDF format to email@example.com with subject line “Temporary Editor & Web Content Coordinator.” No phone calls please. The Contemporary Austin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mission: The Contemporary Austin reflects the spectrum of contemporary art through exhibitions, commissions, education, and the collection.
Vision: The Contemporary Austin aspires to be the contemporary art museum for Austin and an essential part of city life. Through its unique combination of urban and outdoor sites, The Contemporary will embody an eclectic and collaborative spirit.
This Ad has been viewed 152 times.