Job Title: Advancement Operations Manager
Department: Advancement Services
Reports To: Director of Advancement Operations
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Date: April 2018
The Advancement Services team at Houston Grand Opera provides high-quality administrative, technical and financial support to the Opera’s revenue-generating Advancement departments (Fundraising and Marketing). We are the go-to resource for a high volume of departmental requests and needs, and our team is dedicated to delivering consistent outputs with exemplary customer service, and developing trusted relationships with colleagues.
The Advancement Operations Manager has broad responsibility for the overall daily operation and maintenance of department functions. The Manager works closely with the Director of Advancement Operations to help carry out strategic goals by leading administrative, technical, and financial/reporting efforts. The position is responsible for managing seamless department operations, specifically related to routine administrative, technical and financial process management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Motivate and provide guidance to the Advancement Services staff to help effectively perform routine operational tasks; oversee and assess all daily workflows for maximum efficiency
o Cross-train and serve as back-up on all essential tasks
• Assist Director of Advancement Operations with Development budget forecasting
• Oversee and manage all data and report requests and projects
• Manage publication processes for Development (Opera Cues, Opera Unleashed)
o Deadlines, proof updates, donor listings
• Responsible for management of multi-year donor accounts
o Account information, invoicing, payment confirmations, receipts and record keeping
• Assist Human Resources department with new staff on-boarding
o Submit required new hire paperwork, coordinate departmental orientations, ensure accurate department listings online
• Manage special projects within the Development department
• Create and manage performance duty schedule for Development staff
• Track vacation and sick days for Development department
• Constantly measure and assess department workflow; evaluate efficiencies and problem areas; work with Director of Advancement Operations to remedy inefficiencies
• Keep Director apprised of all department activities, efforts, and roadblocks
Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of office management experience required; advanced degree a plus. Must have at least 3 years of supervisory experience, and a strong working knowledge of databases and custom reporting. Financial or technical backgrounds preferred. Tessitura experience a plus. Must be comfortable with standard office systems. Must be available to work some nights and weekends.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS
Must thrive in a fast-paced group setting, be highly organized and efficiency-driven. Self-motivator with analytical problem solving abilities; confident, experienced decision maker. Detail-oriented individual with attention to process; sound judgment abilities; successful customer service professional; ability to manage up, down and laterally; high level of personal and professional ethics.
This Ad has been viewed 165 times.