THE GLASSTIRE PHOTOGRAPHY INTERNSHIP
HEY YOU, the person who likes:
- Looking at art
- Taking photos
- Online media
You should intern at Glasstire!
We are one of the oldest arts websites in the country, and the only online guide to visual art in Texas. We’re offering an internship focused on producing photography content to be published on Glasstire. Glasstire Interns can acquire a variety of skills by participating in the following activities:
• Working with our editors to add content to our website
• Visiting galleries and art openings
• Taking and editing photographs for Glasstire
• Attending press previews at local museums
• Connecting with art world professionals
• Helping with the exciting, multifaceted world of running the Glasstire office!
- Computer with internet access
- Ability to work 10-15 hours per week, including attending evening art openings
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of photography
- Attention to detail
- Ability to perform tasks unsupervised, on one’s own schedule
- Strong computer skills, especially in WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office
Past Glasstire interns have gone on to work for PaperCity Magazine, the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston, and other nonprofit organizations around Houston. For an example of the kind of the content the Glasstire Intern will be producing, please go here: bit.ly/2018photographyinternship
Internships are available on a semester, summer, or yearly basis. Class credit can be arranged but is not required. If no class credit is taken, interns receive a stipend of $500 per internship period.
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, and two references to the email above. Please use the subject line “Glasstire Internship 2018.”
Applications are due by end of day on May 6, 2018. No phone calls please.
This Ad has been viewed 683 times.