The School of Art and Design at Texas State University invites applications for a one-year visiting assistant professor position in art history starting Fall 2018. The selected candidate will be expected to be a productive scholar and an effective teacher of art history and visual culture of the pre-modern period (geographical region open). The candidate will teach 3 courses per semester, including introductory-level survey classes as well as advanced courses in field of specialization. The selected candidate will demonstrate evidence of teaching effectiveness, scholarly excellence, and enthusiasm for actively collaborating with colleagues in the art history program.
Texas State University is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. The University strives to cultivate a diversity of people and ideas, a spirit of inclusiveness, a global perspective, and a sense of community as essential conditions for campus life (http://www.txstate.edu/about/mission.html). Women, persons with disabilities, members of minority groups, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
• ABD in art history or a related field
• A promising research agenda in art history and visual culture of the pre-modern period
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A commitment to diversity and inclusion in teaching
• A PhD degree in art history or a related field
• A record of research and publications in art history and visual culture of the pre-modern period
• Successful university-level teaching experience beyond graduate assistantships
• Experience teaching introductory-level survey courses and/or advanced courses on Renaissance art and visual culture
• A commitment to diversity and inclusion in teaching and scholarship
Review of application materials will begin on May 1, 2018 and continue until filled. For full consideration, please submit the following materials:
1. Letter of application stating how experience and credentials fulfill the requirements for this position (not to exceed 2 pages)
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Writing sample, preferably a publication (not to exceed 20 pages)
4. Three letters of recommendation sent directly from individuals able to comment on applicant’s qualifications
Electronic application procedure:
• All application materials, except for the letters of recommendation, must be submitted in a single PDF file in the order they are listed above (1-3). Limit PDF file size to 10MB or less and title the file as follows: last name_first name_job #2019-104.pdf.
• Email complete application file to firstname.lastname@example.org with job #2019-104 and applicant’s last name in the subject line.
• Three letters of recommendation should be emailed directly by the recommender to email@example.com with job #2019-104 and applicant’s last name in the subject line.
• All correspondence regarding the search will be conducted via email. Please send any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and include job #2019-104 in all correspondence.
• Only complete applications will be eligible for consideration.
Search finalists will be asked to provide graduate and undergraduate transcripts.
This Ad has been viewed 82 times.