Southwest School of Art seeks a creative and energetic professional for the position of Director of Communications beginning in May 2018.
Position: Director of Communications
Reports to: Vice President for Institutional Advancement
The Director of Communications is responsible for shaping the positive internal and external perception that will help establish Southwest School of Art as a premier college of art. He or she leads strategic branding, marketing, audience development and advertising, as well as public and internal relations for the institution. The Director of Communications also leads the Marketing and Media Manager in the achievement of strategic goals and objectives.
• Ensures effective execution of brand strategy, including graphic identity, tone and voice.
• Drives sustained growth in brand awareness and audience engagement that generates ongoing increases in BFA program enrollment, audience development, event attendance and revenue generation.
• Generates positive earned media and favorable public relations encounters.
• Serves as publisher and creative director for all internal and external publications and collateral, encompassing both print and digital channels.
• Develops, manages and reconciles the annual departmental budget.
• Establishes and maintains vendor relationships and oversees execution of contracts.
• Oversees and manages the goals and performance of the Marketing and Media Manager, including establishment of benchmarks and evaluation of results.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Proven track record of developing and implementing communications strategies that achieve established goals and objectives
• Minimum 8 years experience overseeing creative development, media strategy, public relations and digital and social media marketing
• Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
• The ability to lead and direct cross-functional teams in the delivery of desired results
• Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
• Familiarity with Adobe creative suite (InDesign Illustrator, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro)
Strategic thinker and problem solver; ability to build consensus and influence outcomes; established editorial relationships; experienced eye for design; background in the arts, higher education, and/or non-profit, interpersonal skills.
It is SSA policy to provide an equal employment opportunity to all individuals, without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
This Ad has been viewed 51 times.