POSITION DESCRIPTION | Consulting Director (full time, salaried)
Who we are:
CultureWorks is an emerging, national nonprofit “management commons” model — a platform for building and sharing essential financial and administrative support to sustain and strengthen the arts and culture sector. The Houston office is assisted by its national supporting organization, CultureWorks Commons Management, which facilitates our mission “to provide arts, cultural, and creative practitioners equitable access to the resources they need to flourish.”
The Consulting Director will become a trusted adviser to our member organizations. This role is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of a team of consultants and the management of workflow assignments to meet the consulting and customer service needs of our member organizations. The director will mentor and train consultants in fiscal sponsor best practices to help develop our members into our co-management partners.
What the work is:
* Develop standards for our membership consulting practice, including analytic and facilitative tools, models, and processes, and internal operating and project management protocols and procedures.
Assess the consulting needs of our Founding Membership, develop strategies to meet them, and serve as lead consultant on select projects for our members.
* Help to build our initial Affiliate Network roster and develop key revenue milestones and the strategies and tactics to meet membership development goals.
* Manage the consulting projects workflow and pipeline of our internal staff and affiliates.
* Ensure that we are delivering the highest level of customer service to members.
What we’re looking for:
* A Bachelor’s Degree or international equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred.
* 5 + years of progressive consulting project management experience
* 5 + years of nonprofit leadership experience
* General knowledge of nonprofit financial management and charitable law relating to the field of fiscal sponsorship
* Strong connections to the arts, culture, history and humanities as practiced and celebrated in Houston
* Demonstrated experience working with diverse cultures
* Independent thinking with keen problem-solving skills
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and team collaboration skills
* Proficiency in basic management technologies (Microsoft Office, CRMs, databases, and others)
How to apply:
Please send in PDF form a cover letter, resume, and three references to Shannon Buggs, Chief Commons Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications mailed through the USPS or faxed are not accepted. The deadline for applying is April 30, 2018.
CultureWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, gender, or sexual identity. Compensation is commensurate with experience. CultureWorks will offer a full benefits package, including an unlimited paid time-off policy, a well-being allowance, health insurance, and access to a 403(b)-retirement account.
This Ad has been viewed 183 times.