POSITION DESCRIPTION | Community Director (full time, salaried)
Who we are:
CultureWorks is an emerging, national nonprofit “management commons” model — a platform for building and sharing essential financial and administrative support to sustain and strengthen the arts and culture sector. The Houston office is assisted by its national supporting organization, CultureWorks Commons Management, which facilitates our mission “to provide arts, cultural, and creative practitioners equitable access to the resources they need to flourish.”
The Community Director is chiefly responsible for developing and maintaining a superior member experience by acting upon member experience feedback and metrics, building strategies for member development, facilitating meetings with stakeholders, driving community dialogue and planning, and otherwise supporting successful delivery of our services.
What the work is:
* Drive our Founding Member development strategy, including outreach, readiness assessment, onboarding, and ongoing management.
* Help to develop key revenue milestones and the strategies and tactics to meet membership development goals.
* Draft and share our key institutional communications about membership policies and practices and manage internal and external member communications channels.
* Assess cross-program needs/desires for events, workshops, and training relevant to our members and assist with implementing workshops, strategic grant-seeking, and other initiatives.
* Ensure that we are delivering the highest level of customer service to members.
What we’re looking for:
* A Bachelor’s Degree or international equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred.
* 5 + years of community engagement, program development, and customer service
* 5 + years of nonprofit leadership experience
* General knowledge of nonprofit financial management and charitable law relating to the field of fiscal sponsorship
* Strong connections to the arts, culture, history and humanities as practiced and celebrated in Houston
* Demonstrated experience working with diverse cultures
* Independent thinking with keen problem-solving skills
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and team collaboration skills
How to apply:
Please send in PDF form a cover letter, resume, and three references to Shannon Buggs, Chief Commons Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications mailed through the USPS or faxed are not accepted. The deadline for applying is April 30, 2018.
CultureWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, gender, or sexual identity. Compensation is commensurate with experience. CultureWorks offers a full benefit package, including an unlimited paid time-off policy, a well-being allowance, health insurance, and access to a 403(b)-retirement account.
This Ad has been viewed 154 times.