Art of The World Gallery, an internationally-recognized modern and contemporary art gallery is seeking a highly motivated, educated and organized individual to assist in sales in Houston, TX.
You must be an experienced salesperson. You will be working with great people and will enjoy being around and selling artwork from some of the most important artists around the world.
We are not going to teach you how to sell. We will teach you to sell art if you know how to sell and close.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Directors of the gallery to conduct sales and strategize exhibition programming.
- Upholding relations with collectors, museum professionals, media contacts and the general public as acting as the direct liaison with public relations regarding current/upcoming exhibitions.
- Must be available for openings and other events as needed, which may take place over weekends or fall outside normal gallery hours. Normal working hours are Monday-Saturday, 10am-7pm.
- Finding clients through everyday interaction, in private collectors, companies, and institutions.
- Send thank-you notes, birthday notes, follow up notes to all sold clients and strong prospects in a timely manner.
- Write special notes or letter to collectors on specific new releases and event information.
- Proficiency in a second language is a plus.
- A professional degree. Major/minor in Art History or Studio Art preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Must have an expansive client list with a variety of interests and price points.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication.
- Proficiency with Mac computers.
- Must work well and thrive in high-pressure situations.
- A previous client base is a plus.
- Experience using social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
- Reliable form of transportation needed.
- Ability to attend/work during after-hours special events.
Compensation commensurate with experience and proven track record of success. We offer a base salary plus commission.
Normal working hours are Monday-Saturday, 10am-7pm.
Please submit cover letter & resume via email to: Info@ArtOfTheWorldGallery.com.
We appreciate all applicant interest - however, only those individuals contacted for an interview will receive a response.
This Ad has been viewed 132 times.