The Contemporary Austin is hiring a full-time Administrative Assistant to support the curatorial department at the Jones Center in downtown Austin, reporting to the Chief Curator/Director of Curatorial Affairs. This position pays $14/hour and is eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long term disability insurance, as well as 401(k) plan with employer match.
• Assist with administrative tasks, such as archiving and filing; processing purchase orders, travel reimbursements, and mileage logs; maintaining departmental expense log on a weekly basis; basic budget development
• Arrange artist and guest travel, including itineraries, flights, and accommodations
• Assist with editing, organizing, entering, and managing new database content; image management, filing, re-sizing, and archiving
• Assist Associate Curator with image rights and reproductions requests
• Prepare departmental presentations for staff and Art Committee, updating images and content on an ongoing basis
• Coordinate Chief Curator’s schedule and travel, as needed
• Assist with research for exhibitions, including finding articles online, ordering books, and making trips to the library for curator-directed research
• Support to Chief Curator and Associate Curator with catalogue production needs
• During installation periods, assist Registrar with record-keeping and provide support to Director of Exhibition Production and installation staff with miscellaneous tasks, as needed
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 2 years of experience in administrative position strongly preferred
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop preferred; database experience preferred
• High level of accuracy, organization, and attention to detail
• Ability to use discretion working with confidential information
• Familiarity and interest in contemporary art
• Strong work ethic; team player
• Strong communication skills, professional demeanor, comfortable with direct artist interaction
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Administrative Assistant” in subject line. No phone calls please. The Contemporary Austin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mission: The Contemporary Austin reflects the spectrum of contemporary art through exhibitions, commissions, education, and the collection.
Vision: The Contemporary Austin aspires to be the contemporary art museum for Austin and an essential part of city life. Through its unique combination of urban and outdoor sites, The Contemporary will embody an eclectic and collaborative spirit.
This Ad has been viewed 282 times.