Position: Director of Education
Supervises: Volunteer and Intern Coordinator, Outreach Manager, Reservationist and Educators
Responsible for the management of the Education Department involving the development of school tour programs, family programs, teacher programs, and classes that support the mission of the museum. Principle responsibilities include but are not limited to the production of TEKS aligned school tours. Responsible for reporting statistics, program goals and objectives, evaluations, budgets, evidence, and provides overall management of program logistics. Provides direction for volunteer coordinator and volunteers.
She/he will be responsible for:
• Provides effective programming for school groups and teachers that are aligned with the Texas Essential
Knowledge and Skill objectives.
• Develops and implements programs for the McAllen PUB Science Lab, Art Studio, SBC Creativity Central
and traveling exhibits
• Manages fulfillment of grant programs, partnerships, or sponsorship programs.
• Develops and implements exhibition-related education programs and education-related sponsorship
benefits, as needed for both permanent and traveling exhibitions
• Develops and implements teacher resource packets and teacher training workshops where applicable.
• Develops and implements cultural series, Family Fun Nights, Camps, Scouts, Homeschool programs, etc.
• Oversees museum-wide coordination of educational events and public programs.
• Hires and trains museum educators
• Works with IMAS Guild on special events and activities
• Works collaboratively with other departments as needed
• Evaluates current programs, conducts research on new programs and writes reports as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in education, science or art field or equivalent required
• 2-3 years of experience in museums or similar institution required
• Experience working with children preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred
• Experience working with diverse cultures preferred
This Ad has been viewed 176 times.