Job Title: Graphic Designer
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Director of Creative Services
Status: Regular, Full-time, Exempt from Overtime
Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Creative Services, the Graphic Designer realizes a broad range of visual projects to support the organization’s marketing and communication needs. In addition to the Marketing Department, the Graphic Designer also serves internal clients from a variety of departments, including development, artistic and education.
Essential Job Functions:
• Support the organization through creative design in the following areas:
o Print and digital advertising
o Print materials, including brochures, inserts, calendars and postcards
o Annual season brochure
o Signage, large posters and other merchandising materials
o Other areas as requested
• Maintain the Houston Symphony brand identity, ensuring consistency across all materials
• Develop strong conceptual ideas and solutions
• Schedule and prioritize graphic design projects in a systematic way
• In combination with other marketing managers/directors, oversee production, printing and processing of marketing materials
• In all areas unify the quality and consistency of our communications
• Work collaboratively with members of the marketing team as well as other departments
• Work concert duty as required. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
• Perform additional duties as required by the Houston Symphony
• Bachelor’s degree and/or formal training in graphic design required
• 1-2 years job experience in graphic design and print production needed, preferably in the nonprofit sector
• Strong design portfolio with print and digital examples
• Computer expertise in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator required
• Basic conceptual understanding of marketing preferred
• Strong digital illustration skills a plus
• Ability to take design direction and adapt to constructive criticism
• Familiarity with print production with knowledge of printing processes and materials
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including good proofreading skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with varying personalities
• Positive attitude with a team approach to project conception and completion
• Ability to be flexible, manage stress, work well under pressure and multi-task
• Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented approach a must
Houston Symphony Mission: The mission of the Houston Symphony is to inspire and engage a large and diverse audience in Greater Houston and beyond through exceptional orchestral and non-orchestral performances, educational programs and community activities.
Houston Symphony Vision: By 2025, the Houston Symphony will be America's most relevant and accessible top-ten orchestra.
The Houston Symphony is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other protected class.
This Ad has been viewed 93 times.