Program Coordinator - Houston Arts Resource Fair
Title: Program Coordinator
Program Summary: The Houston Arts Resource Fair will connect individuals and arts organizations – dance, visual, performing arts, theatre, film, and music among others - with professional development opportunities including arts funding, housing, arts marketing, audience development, health insurance / services, capacity building, and business resources. Admission to the Fair will be free and open to the public on Saturday, July 28, 2012 from 9AM – 6PM at the University of Saint Thomas.
The Houston Arts Resource Fair is organized by the Consortium of local arts services organizations including Dance Source Houston, DiverseWorks, Houston Arts Alliance, Houston Theatre Alliance, Spacetaker, Southwest Alternate Media Project (SWAMP), and Texas Accountants & Lawyers for the Arts (TALA).
Position Summary: The Program Coordinator contributes to the overall effort of programs and services that increase the knowledge, visibility, and engagement of professionals in the field of arts and culture. This position serves as the primary coordinator for the Houston Arts Resource Fair and will directly report to the Consortium. The Coordinator will serve as in independent contractor from April 1 to July 31, 2012.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative leadership for the Inaugural Houston Arts Resource Fair.
• Finalize all session presentations, work on presenter agreements, and communicate logistics needs to the Consortium.
• Organize meetings and reminders, track overall progress on established deadlines
• Partner with Program, Marketing, Logistics, and Vendor/Sponsorship Task Force to execute promotional e-blasts and other marketing materials
• Partner with Vendor/Sponsorship Task Force to identify, confirm, and accommodate participating vendors
Program and Logistics
• Manage overall program including registration process, organizing Full Committee and communications with Committee members, speakers, and registrants - all day of activities
• Manage the facility rental, programming, marketing, vendor management, and sponsorship leading to day of the Fair
• Assist with preparing speakers; coordinate speaker prep sessions and online resources
• Organize meetings and reminders for the Consortium, track overall progress on established deadlines
• Develop and maintain program budgets and report to the Consortium regarding program income and expenses
• Maintain shared files related to the programs
• Maintain and update the Houston Arts Resource Fair website/micro-site content including, but not limited to, program schedule, speaker information, session details, pre-conference and post-conference programming information, registration, and vendor/sponsor information
• Coordinate process of continually populating website with fresh and relevant content, including collaborations with contributing writers, funders and experts in the field
• Work with the Marketing & Programs Task Force on the organization of content and execute marketing plans for the Fair.
• Manage interactive elements of the website including blogs, message forums, podcasts, and emerging technologies
• Coordinate distribution of relevant content through social media channels
• Drive traffic to the website by distributing regular (semi-monthly), newsworthy e-blasts
• Establish and maintain a database of online resources and contributors
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite; Drupal; web experience (blogs, podcasts, and RSS feeds) is a must
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Sales experience preferred
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships
• A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to our members and partners
• A commitment to advancing the arts in America
Compensation: competitive based on experience.
Please submit cover letter, resume information and references to email@example.com:
Houston Arts Alliance
Attn: Jerome Vielman, Programs & Services Manager
3201 Allen Parkway, Suite #250
Houston, TX, 77019
This ad has been viewed 475 times