A Dallas family seeks to fill the role of a fulltime curatorial assistant to support the in-house curator and collection manager. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, engaged in the art world, and a self-starter. This position provides room for growth for a candidate with an independent attitude and enthusiastic understanding of the art world.
• Schedules and hosts tours of the collection at the residence
• Advances national platform of collection
• Develops scholarship on artists and artworks featured in collection
• Initiates loans to museums and institutional exhibits
• Studies the commercial art market with regularity
• Assesses merit of individual artworks available on the primary market
• Maintains updated insurance schedule, appraisal values, and inventory database
• Tickets travel arrangements and coordinates itineraries for art-related trips
• Assist with property management of the collectors’ private residence
• Assist with ticketing accommodations and transportation for business trips
• Salaried position with paid vacation time
• Some flexibility in schedule
• Paid cell phone plan
• Discretion, trustworthiness, flexibility, and adaptability
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and negotiation skills
• Proven organizational skills
• Comfortable around dogs
• Ability to pass a background check and provide academic transcript
• Ability to work weekdays between 10am-6pm and occasional weekends/weekday evenings
• Background in art history, fine art, museums, galleries, and auction houses
• Bachelor’s degree from a four year university is required
Please title the attachment “LastName_Assistant” and list “Application for Curatorial Assistant” in the subject line of the email. Please email email@example.com.
This Ad has been viewed 525 times.