Houston Center for Photography
Exhibitions and Programs Coordinator
Houston Center for Photography seeks a creative and experienced Exhibitions and Programs Coordinator to assist in the implementation of HCP’s exhibitions and programming schedule. The successful candidate for this position will have a minimum of three years related experience, excellent organizational, interpersonal, and managerial skills, a passion for photography, and knowledge of art handling and installation. This position requires a degree in a related field, proven exhibitions experience, and excellent oral, written and computer skills. HCP is looking for a forward-thinking individual with a dedication to advancing photography’s role in society as well as within the larger fine art discourse.
Reports to: Executive Director
Full-time, salaried position with benefits: M-F 10am – 6pm
The Exhibitions and Programs Coordinator's primary responsibilities include:
• Collaboration with the Board of Directors, Executive Director and staff to advance the mission and goals of the organization in regards to exhibitions and programming
• Prepare annual exhibition schedule and budget in collaboration with Executive Director
• Schedule artist talks, exhibition committee meetings, and workshops with exhibiting artists, in collaboration with Executive Director
• Lead the mounting and installation of exhibitions
• Plan and coordinate schedules and exhibition-related activities for visiting artists and jurors
• Create artist and curator contracts, exhibition checklists, ship and receive artwork, and generate condition reports
• Plan and attend opening receptions and artist dinners, liaise with community organizations for exhibition tours, and serve as a representative for the organization at peer institution events
• Work with graphic designer on exhibition-related print and media, plan press releases with Executive Director and Marketing Coordinator
• Oversee the maintenance of the gallery facilities
• Actively participate in and assist with the leadership of the Exhibitions, Auction, and Publications Committees
• Maintain the website with relevant information and work closely with the Marketing Coordinator on all printed and online promotions
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, one writing sample, and a list of three references via email to email@example.com. Subject Line: Exhibitions and Programs Coordinator Application. This position begins full-time in April. Qualified applicants will be contacted by March.
Founded in 1981, HCP is an organization dedicated to the art and practice of photography. HCP strives to encourage artists, build audiences, stimulate dialogue, and promote inquiry about photography and related media through education, exhibitions, publications, fellowship programs and community collaboration. HCP is home to a learning center and digital photography lab, an extensive reference library, three galleries, and an award-winning photographic magazine.
Houston Center for Photography is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. HCP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, disability, marital or partnership status, or veteran status.
This Ad has been viewed 261 times.